Sunday, July 19, 2009

To Ma'am Eduarte and my Hum014 classmates,

I just want to make some clarifications about the poem I recited on class last Saturday. It was Henry "Wadsworth" Long fellow who wrote Psalm of Life and not William "Wordsworth". I got confused with their names. Again I'm sorry... There's one poem that I'm really sure that William Wordsworth wrote, entitled "I Wandered Lonely as Cloud" I recited this poem when I was on my fifth grade and I just want to share this poem to all of you. This is one of my favorite poems that I've recited.I hope you like it too.

I WANDERED LONELY AS A CLOUD
("The Daffodils")

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,A host of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
Continuous as the stars that shine and twinkle on the Milky Way,
They stretched in never-ending linealong the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
The waves beside them danced;
but theyOut-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,in such a jocund company:I
gazed - and gazed - but little thoughtwhat wealth the show to me had brought:
For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.

This poem was first published in 1807 and was revised in 1815.

Reference:(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Wandered_Lonely_as_a_Cloud)

Thanks for your kind consideration! See you on Tuesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment